13.2.07

Other blogs


This is the header I did for Ramona, who has a knitting blog called The frayed knot. I have trouble tying my shoelaces, so I´m lost in admiration of anyone who can knit, never mind knit as well as all that.

Another recent discovery is Lydia´s blog, The Perfect Pantry, and was hooked instantly.
Lydia writes about ingredients in her pantry, freezer or fridge. The sort of jars or packets that are always around, and can turn a couple of hundrum fresh ingredients into a bright and zesty and different dish.
I´m a compulsive food and condiment buyer, and often end up with things I bought with a specific recipe in mind, and then forget about. This blog gives one recipe for each highlighted product, but always makes sure to link to a few others. So if you don´t finish those packets it´s nobody´s fault but yours. I´ll be eternally indebted to her for the tip of putting smoky barbecue sauce in bean soups, but there are plenty of other great ideas in there.
There´s also a Bookworm in the pantry column, featuring recommendations by Pantry readers. Not cookbooks, just cooks that feature food prominently or interestingly. Have a look at my selection, and better still, make a list of your own.

6 comentarios:

Nupur dijo...

Your drawing are just too adorable! Just looking at them made my day. Very creative! Glad I found you through "Perfect Pantry".

Anónimo dijo...

Gorgeous as always. I love the little girls belly peeking out under her shirt. Reminds me of my own little sisters when they were small. Adorable.

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) dijo...

Lucky, lucky Ramona, to have such a wonderful blog header! I love the one you did for Veronica's Test Kitchen, too.

And I'm so glad that you are this week's Bookworm in the Pantry. I love to share what my readers are reading.

*kel dijo...

hola ximena cuanto tiempo!
cuando te vas a venir a barcelona? te voy a presentar a un super amigo mio q es un illustrador super talento como ti. en mayo quiza? hay baratos vuelos con vueling! Estuve fuera de espana pero volver en abril.. Hasta pronto..
*beso

Anónimo dijo...

Great blog header! That is so cute with the kids and the wine spilling back. I agree about Lydia's blog it's a great source of information about ingredients in the pantry and its many uses.

lobstersquad dijo...

kel, bienvenida. No suelo ir mucho por barna, pero si voy, te aviso. y si venis a madrid, igualmente decidme.

Share