4.5.07

El Rincón

Here´s one of my new favourite places: El Rincón, on Plaza de Juan Pujol. I really like the feel, which is warm and cozy, but without that dark and stuffy feel places can sometimes have. Being on a square, they get plenty of sunlight, but the outside seating is in the shade most of the day, which is very handy for the summer. The music is just what you would play if you were as hip as the waiters there and had a massive CD collection. The beer is per-fect. The food is only so-so, which happens a lot in these places where everyone looks like they´re modeling for Dazed and confused. But it doesn´t really matter. I go there for aperitivos or coffees. It´s a great place to hang out. And as you can see, you can while away the time waiting for your order by sketching on the paper place mats.

4 comentarios:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) dijo...

I'm a sucker for any place with paper place mats and artists who can embellish them!

xps dijo...

Siempre pienso en fido dido.....

Anónimo dijo...

I bet they fight over who gets to keep the table paper after you leave!
Framed table art~

Pille dijo...

I can see how a paper place mat would have instant appeal to you:)

Share