22.3.07

Torrijas



I´d been wondering how I´d blog about torrijas, since they´re deep fried, and you know, I never say this, but...I don´t fry. Luckily, Mark Bittman has done the job for me with yesterday´s column in the New York Times. Big sigh of relief.
Bittman forgot to say that they´re very much a seasonal thing, always served around Easter. Usually eaten cold, usually dripping honey and oil all over. And beware of the very traditional versions made with wine.
And what´s with all the mice? Well, I have to have one hundred and fifty of them done by tomorrow, so you´ll appreciate that I really don´t have time to write. Back to my rodents, enjoy the torrijas.

10 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Ximena, the mouse with the ice cream cone is just too cute not to comment on! Good luck drawing 150 of them.

LE BLOG dijo...

Halaaaaaa pero bueno tú que eres, ¿"El ilustrador de Hamelin"?

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) dijo...

OK, I'll bite -- what are you doing with 150 mice? They are really adorable.

lobstersquad dijo...

it´s a textbook for kids learning to read.

xps dijo...

Nos han gustado los ratones y nos gustan también las torrijas. para comer, francamente, más las torrijas. Ita seguramente más los ratones.

Lucy dijo...

Beautiful rodents.

Anónimo dijo...

Me encantan tus "mardito roedore"!!!

¿Puedes, por favor, poner la reseña del libro? Es que me encantan tus dibujos y tengo por aquí una ratita presumida a la que quiero empezar a enseñar a leer muy prontito. Seguro que con la ayuda de tus ratoncitos lo conseguimos en un pispás.
Gracias por tus dibujos y suerte con tus 150!!!!

Besos,

Helena

Anónimo dijo...

Your mice are wonderful, every one of them. If you need 150, though, it might be quicker to go to a warehouse, squash that many and then paint them up.

Love the art. As always.

lobstersquad dijo...

Helena, escribeme a ximena arroba ximenamaier punto com, y te cuento.

Anónimo dijo...

148 to go!
They are darling...show us more.

Share