14.3.07

Kids´ stuff


I´m rushing everywhere lately. Life is pretty crazy but any day now the long list of projects will be ticked off, and then maybe I´ll be able to have a proper siesta. In the meantime, I think now is the time for this, which isn´t a recipe, not really, just my usual impromptu, unplanned, anything goes pudding.
It´s gorgeously unsophisticated, sweet enough to make your head ache, and really should be given only to children. And yet it always goes down a treat, maybe even more so than things that I´ve actually slaved over. It takes about three seconds to make, with things that come out of packets, and thank heavens for that.
Even people who never ever cook can make it, which is why I always make it for people who don´t cook. I like to make converts if I can, and nobody stays away from the stove if they know that something golden, crunchy, gooey and mouthwatering is theirs for the making. And once there, who knows, they may climb to other things, slowly.
It works on the quesadilla principle, in which a wheat tortilla is filled and then toasted in a non-stick pan, no oil needed, until it turns crispy and golden, while the cheese melts. The filling is as simple as a good spoonful, be generous, go on, who cares, of Nutella, and some chopped nuts. If your guests include under twelves, or teens studying for their exams, you might as well bung in a few pieces of marshmallow.
Put them in the pan, turn them when one side is golden, and when both are, caution everyone that it will be hot. Bite away, try not to mind the fact that your chin will get chocolate all over, and enjoy.
You´ll start taking good care not to be out of tortillas or Nutella, ever again, trust me.

5 comentarios:

xps dijo...

Me han encantado el cuento y el dibujo. la receta no se qué decirte. Aunque luego lo pruebo y seguro que si.

Ramona dijo...

My children live on cheese quesadillas! I will have to give the dessert version a try.

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) dijo...

Why save all the good gooey things for children? Adults need this kind of treat, too! I will definitely be making this one, for myself and for the grandkids.

LE BLOG dijo...

Yo las he probado y te aseguro que son dignas de tripitir!

Anónimo dijo...

I've made this too. I was taught it when I spent a semester in Germany, and yeah, it's amazing!! I need to reintroduce nutella into my life, thanks for reminding me :-)

Share