10.1.07

Sesame seeds


This is just to say I had something of a kitchen epiphany yesterday. For the first time, I toasted sesame seeds. What took me so long? It stands to reason that something you´ve just toasted yourself, this minute, has to be much better than anything you buy. I mean, really, duh.
I feel humble, and sorry that I haven´t been doing this for years, but very happy because, dammit, those tiny toasty seeds are good!
That´s all. Short post, big flavour. And a recommendation : if you haven´t, try them.

11 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Y para qué las usaste?

xps dijo...

Pero por qué mareas a tus lectores? que hiciste con ellas?
What did you do with them?

Anónimo dijo...

I love toasted sesame seeds! Our Korean market sells them in big shakers pretoasted!

kickpleat dijo...

ha, that's so funny because i always toast my own and this afternoon just finished toasting some to top a salad!

Anónimo dijo...

I love sesame seeds, I love it in salads, I love it in baggels...
What were you planning to do with them?

Anónimo dijo...

If you add some coarse salt while you toast them you'll have gomasio, one of the most energetic foods ever.

lobstersquad dijo...

Guru, mare, meri: las puse en un arroz con salmon.
rachel: I used to buy them pre-toasted, but no more, now it´s always toast before you eat for me
kickpleat: I sprinkle them on EVERYTHING these days!
nopisto: thanks, good tip, will try that today.

Callipygia dijo...

I know exactly what you mean about toasting everything...Plus a bonus to watch the sesame seeds hop and skip across the pan! Amusing and tasty.

Anónimo dijo...

i always burn mine, sesame seeds and pine nuts, but at least i try :-)

Anónimo dijo...

I love toasting pine nuts for the same reason. Mmm, sesame. I should go buy some, eh.

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) dijo...

Ah, once you've eated them toasted, you will never want them any other way. Try toasting black and white sesame seeds together, too!

Share