9.7.07

Alone in the kitchen with a courgette

Today is my third wedding aniversary. Leather. Which sounds a bit dodgy, but never mind. So, am I chilling the champagne? Getting ready for the ritual sacrifice of fat losbters? Lighting the romantic candle? No way. The fact is, my lawful wedded has chosen today of all days to go off on one of his little field trips to see if he can singlehandedly save the planet. I´m telling you, if Spain is a desert in fifty years, it certainly won´t be J´s fault. Mine, maybe, because when he does things like this, I feel like I´ll be dammed if I ever sepparate the trash again. Or worse.

Anyway. Today´s dinner falls into the "alone in the kitchen with an eggplant" category. And since Monday isn´t market day, and I am very dutiful when it comes to dealing with leftovers, I will be having some stirfried courgette, with maybe a little fried rice, and the possibility of an egg. That´s all there is, and it´s not a bad dinner, all told.
I´m not one for weird mixes when I´m alone, and I quite like cooking for myself, but that´s usually for lunch. If I´m alone for dinner, I usually have some crackers, the dry kind, with maybe a little cream cheese, and a couple of carrots. But I did that yesterday, so now it´s down to the courgette and the egg, until I roll out the little red shopping trolley tomorrow.

11 comentarios:

Raquel dijo...

¡Felicidades! oye, que tiene mucho mérito llegar a los tres años en los tiempos que vivimos :) Juntos para siempre, loreroreee, loreroreeeee .....

Anónimo dijo...

Congrats! Your husband sounds like mine ! I’m sure he’ll make it up to you though... I’ve been dedicated to the pursuit of eating leftovers this year so I hear ya. Normally I hate left overs, but there are some pretty cleaver uses for leftovers. Adding in eggs always seems to work.

Anónimo dijo...

Congratulations and happy anniversary, Ximena! Leftovers are great. I normally deliberately make plentiful so that we have leftovers the next day... :)

Anónimo dijo...

Happy belated anniversary, Ximena! We are grateful that we have your J to atone for the sins of the rest of us gas guzzling heathens.

Pille dijo...

Happy wedding anniversary, Ximena! I'm sure J. will make up for his absense on the big night..

xps dijo...

Don't complain. José es maravilloso y trabajador. Tu come restos y no protestes. Lo importante ya sabes que no es el día, sino todos los días.

Anónimo dijo...

Happy anniversary :D Sorry that the other half is off gallantly saving the world but I'm sure you guys can make up for lost time when he gets back. Leather, hmm? With your penchant for doodling everywhere, perhaps a big, leatherbound moleskine diary would be right up your alley? :)

Anónimo dijo...

He'd better make it up to you! Happy Anniversary. I would love this dinner, no matter what!

Anónimo dijo...

Felicidades a los dos!!!

Totalmente de acuerdo con XPS, sobre lo de que importa es el día a día, no el día en concreto del aniversario. Aunque es tan bonito celebrarlo...

Dale a J las gracias de mi parte por intentar salvarnos. Más gente como él necesitamos.

Helena

Anónimo dijo...

I never realised you guys were married... Congratulations!
I love cooking and eating alone, and that sounds like a wonderful solo dinner.
Eggs are so perfect.

christine dijo...

I'm sorry to hear you're spending it alone, but at least well it's for a good cause! And you better collect from him later. :) Happy anniversary and congratulations on the three years!

Share