9.2.07

Las conservas de Catalina


Oh, no, what´s this, a photograph in lobstersquad? Quick, look away before your eyes burn.
Nah, come on, it´s all right.
Look closely and you´ll see that the labels are illustrated and lettered by yours truly.

You can also see what a lousy photographer I am. If I couldn´t draw, I couldn´t have a blog.

I made these labels for Catín, a friend who has always comissioned all sorts of things from me over the years. She has watercolours, prints, ceramic tiles, handmade books, really, all sorts. Since she´s also an enthusiastic cook and maker of preserves, it soon followed that I was requested to make some labels.

The great thing is, on top of my cash payment, I received a box of goodies, namely what you see: a jar of bonito in olive oil, another of plum jam, and the most ambrosial thing I´ve ever had in my life, quince jelly.

Aren´t you jealous?

12 comentarios:

El podenco dijo...

Very much!!!

Anónimo dijo...

You live in Spain
You can draw
You have friends who share thier quince jelly with you!
You have a wonderful blog!
I am *so* jealous!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) dijo...

Yes, indeed, I'm jealous of your ability to draw and capture the spirit of food, and of the wonderful gift of Catin's preserves!

Anónimo dijo...

Absolutely. Also of Catín because Catín has those cool labels you made.

Rachel dijo...

At first I thought I was on the wrong blog, then I saw the labels and all was right with the world. Yummy sounding food!

Miss Kim dijo...

Oh yessssssssssss.... VERY!

Anónimo dijo...

Without a doubt!

tammy dijo...

So jealous. Good friends who cook can't be beat. Plus, I love manchego with membrillo.

xps dijo...

Not as jealous as proud, of catin and of you. I love them.

The Yorkshire Foodie dijo...

"ambrosial" - fab word!

You have mail.

Ian

Jen dijo...

I love you labels! I wish I could only draw as well as you, so don't fret about your photographs. They actually look good in comparison to my drawing.

MyKitchenInHalfCups dijo...

Super cool labels and a super cool friend! Those are perfect.

Share