4.2.07

Kawara


That´s the bill for our lunch last Friday. J is a staunch Katsudon man, always and forever. I usually have the sushi lunch deal, but lately I´ve discovered Nabeyaki. I love it. It comes in a little cast iron pot, which makes for a huge bowl of noodles, in which basically everything nestles. Seaweed, crab, mushrooms, cabbage, fried tempura dough, and a raw egg. It arrives piping hot, the broth clear, the tidbits hidden in the noodles, making it a lot of fun to prise them out one by one, until all that´s left is a little puddle of broth that has become cloudy and mellow. I love it. Kawara´s been supposed to be closing for years now, but is still open. However, every time I go I feel it may be the last, which certainly gives the experience an added kick.

7 comentarios:

xps dijo...

I love it too. Esta semana podemos ir.

S. dijo...

awesome illustration.

kickpleat dijo...

ooh, the illustration on the bill is wonderful. i love the whole thing.

Anónimo dijo...

one of my fav japanese restaurants in madrid! I want sushiiii! :D

Anónimo dijo...

I forgot something, have you been to Summa? All you can eat! ;)

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) dijo...

Nabeyaki is wonderful -- I've had it here in the US and also while traveling in Japan several years ago. I love the drawing on the bill!

Marisa Beato dijo...

Oye,Ximena, estaría encantada de tener una cabecera de blog hecha por tí.¿Es posible?
En mi blog está mi dirección. Ponte en contacto conmigo, anda.En este no encuentro la tuya.
:-)
Besos

Share