29.6.06

The master talks lobsters again


As you know, this blog takes its name from "Annie Hall".

I worship Woody Allen films, and never miss one when it comes out, every year. Sure, some of the latest ones have been a little less amazing than we´re used to, but his worst is better than most people´s best. I think so, anyway.

And now, aren´t we lucky, he´s also written this very funny piece for the New Yorker, about food and philosophy.

Here´s to the foremost maestro, man-superman, and Honorary High Chief of the Lobstersquad. All rise.

3 comentarios:

Raquel dijo...

He´s brilliant! Same opinion about his last movie, though.

Mmmmmmm .... looooobsteeeer! (Homer Simpson voice)

Anónimo dijo...

I enjoyed Matchpoint. Not the usual Woody Allen-style but a satisfying and enjoyable movie.

He has another one coming out this summer, also with Scarlett Johannson, which sounds like a more typical Woody Allen movie and is supposed to be funny.

While I love many Woody Allen movies, Annie Hall included, my favorite is Radio Days. It's hugely and unabashedly sentimental which is what I love most about it.

lobstersquad dijo...

Hi Guru, Julie:

I did enjoy Match Point. It just annoys me when critics fall for the serious movies, and disdain comedy, which is just as hard to do.
I love Radio Days, its very sweet. My favourite of the sentimental ones has to be Purple Rose of Cairo, though.
Woody´s the best.

Share