9.7.10

The easiest home made ice cream.

Now, I don´t know about you, but if there´s one thing guaranteed to cheer me up, it´s the prospect of a home made pudding to end a meal. Normally I have a bowl of yogurt with brown sugar or honey, and very nice it is. But sometimes a little more is called for.
However, with a toddler and a baby (and their father), there´s not always time for the truly exciting stuff that are tarte tatins, cobblers, crumbles, floating islands, chocolate mousse and pies. Also, they are apt to leave a dangerous trail of leftovers.
Plus, I have a sort of puritanical feeling that weekday postres must be wholesome, not wall-to-wall sugar and butter fests. That´s why I make jellies, arroz con leche, flan, or banana ice cream.
The basic method you can see here. It´s perfectly amazing, and very well suited to my life, in which I more often than not I find myself clutching pieces of half eaten banana, courtesy of young Pía. The half bananas, or the about-to-die bananas, go, sliced, into a bag in the freezer, and when they have mounted up I toss them into the Thermomix or the small chopper and whiz.
That´s all it takes: frozen bananas and nothing else. After a few seconds the rubbly looking mess turns into a creamy beautiful ice cream, and that´s when you can customize it.
A spoonful of honey, maple syrup, chopped nuts, chopped chocolate, raspberries, they´re all good. But the best, the unbeleivable best, is Nutella. Add a heaping spoonful for every two bananas or so and pulse it again. The result looks and tastes like chocolate ice cream, with a faint undercurrent of banana, and is so delicious you want to eat bowls and bowls of it. Which, considering that it´s mainly fruit, you should.

27 comentarios:

John dijo...

Welcome to blogs of note

blessingsgoddess dijo...

Sounds delicious.

Anónimo dijo...

i think i'll go get a cup of tea...xP

Anónimo dijo...

I visit your blog first time. It is so nice. I like your blog idea and i also like post " The easiest home made ice cream."
http://wofgtg.blogspot.com/
Thanks for this.

Keef dijo...

I wonder why I never found this wonderful blog before? I love cooking - Spanish, Brit, Indian, whatever - and I love your illustrations. And I live in Madrid too, except it looks like you've moved to Scotland's Arctic Circle.

Andrea @ Fork Fingers Chopsticks dijo...

You are quite right. Frozen banana "ice cream" is quite delicious - even better without the guilt.

Kristin dijo...

I love you for this. I will definitely be trying it out sometime soon!

Ivan Cavric dijo...

Sounds delicious :)
Ivan Cavric

H.B.Markor dijo...

Saw this on the blogs of note, and wasn't disappointed!
Even though I am not a fan of bananas, this recipe sounds delicious, especially with the nuttella!

Anónimo dijo...

The only thing better than a bowl of homemade pudding is homemade egg custard. None of that diet stuff either, I mean real egg custard, topped with cinnamon and sugar.

Also, you mentioned someone named Pia. That comes up in my crossword puzzles a lot. Usually the clue is "Actress Zadora" or something like that.


The Codger
http://thecodger.wordpress.com/

happy-shopper dijo...

Very good job. Earn $ 1000 per month! http://www.moneylinkdirect.com?r=88HK51XK4V

Puneesh dijo...

Hmmm, seems a delicious use of bananas...my daughter has alreasy started craving for it. What about adding a little bit of muesli to it? Let us try this today in the weekend. Thanks for sharing!

yaya dijo...

Congrats on making blogs of note...your site is great and the recipes look easy and good!

Rae dijo...

I really want to try this now... It sounds delicious and healthy, and it's great for lactose intolerant people! Yay!! :)

♫FEN♫ dijo...

You deserve the blog of note. No doubt:]
BTW, nice blog..

Holmesy dijo...

Well done on becoming blog of note :)
if anyone reading this has spare time please could you visit my blog "thoughts from holmes", which I think you'll find both witty and interesting, and become a follower if you like.
The URL is: http://thoughtsfromholmes.blogspot.com/
Thanks!! :D

The History Chef! dijo...

sounds yummy!

The History Chef! dijo...

sounds yummy!

Buttaz dijo...

Your pictures and illustrations are fantastic.

Cooking is the only artistic outlet I have, but I can never get my blog to look as good as they do in real life.

I'm lookinf forward to trying some of your recipes. I hope you're adjusting to the UK way of life. I'm sure you'll agree food's just not at the centre of our culture like in Europe!

Mark
http://buttazblog.blogspot.com/

lobstersquad dijo...

Hi everyone!
Sorry not to reply well, I´m dashing all over the plac, but thanks for visiting.

pRiyA dijo...

Yes, I made it and finished it all up. And I came here to tell you that I can't stop smiling :):):)


Btw. I never EVER thought that a bunch of frozen fruit could taste this good. Or that ice cream could be this healthy.

Thiết kế website - Dịch vụ SEO - SIM - Cung cấp Hosting & Domain dijo...

So beauty! :) Tin nhanh Gia Lai

Rowie dijo...

That banana ice cream sounds so amazing!!! I have heard of pureeing frozen banana before, but never with the addition of nutella! Now i'm really going to have to try it!!!

Queens dijo...

Thanks for nice recipe.I m trying it myself

Anónimo dijo...

love your pic of cats in pjamas! :)

o0zajxjnh0o dijo...

I'll try. How else do have the

berlin catering event dijo...

I really enjoy your blog. So beautiful illustrations. Something else and really sympathetic. And of course I liked your Icecream. I still have some in the freezer waiting for me...

Share