21.11.08

Friday evening


Here is what´s cooking in the Lobstersquad kitchen right now. Will it be good? I´m sure it will. Laurie Colwin and Smitten Kitchen can´t both fail me at the same time.
I´m also poaching some prunes, following a Nigella Lawson recipe from How to Eat, but substituting Pedro Ximénez for Marsala. If it´s any good I´ll report back. I don´t see how it can be anything but good, though. PX, star anise, orange peel, cinammon, clove and sugar in a tea syrup as a poaching liquid; what´s not to like?
The drawing is nothing to do with anyghing, except that it concerns Don Quixote, which, like PX wine, and myself, includes an x in the name. More pics about it here.

4 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

It looks like it will be excellent!

By the way, you might be interested to know that I posted about a squad of Mexican Lobsters today. Curious?

kickpleat dijo...

both sound lovely and comforting. my apartment is freezing right now and letting the stove do it's thing for 3 hours might just warm things up.

Susan G dijo...

I love your 'nothing to do with it' illustrations.

Anónimo dijo...

Pedro Ximénez is crazy good. I served it with some homemade coffee eclairs I made last year and my neighbors have never forgotten it. Almost as lovely as your art work :))

Share